How to install PiGrid on Raspberry Pi?
Raspberry Pi 2 or higher
Power and Ethernet cable for the Raspberry Pi
microSD card 32 GB (Class 10) or higher
External device to flash microSD card
External device to access PiGrid via browser or HDMI monitor and mouse & keyboard
1. Download the PiGrid software as explained in your license key mail.
2. Flash your microSD Card with an external device.
To make your microSD Card bootable we recommend the software “Etcher” which you can download on the page: https://etcher.io/.
Download the correct setup for your operating system and install the "Etcher" software.
Open “Etcher” after the installation.
2.1. Select the PiGrid Software in the downloaded folder as “Image”.
2.2. Select the microSD Card as “Driver” and click on "Continue".
2.3. Press flash to make your microSD card bootable with the PiGrid software.
3. Insert your bootable microSD card into the microSD slot of your Raspberry Pi. Plugin your power and your Ethernet cable and boot your Raspberry Pi.
4. Open the web browser of your external device and type in: https://my.pigrid.com.
4.1. Click on "I have a new device".
4.2. After your external IP has shown up click on "Redirect to your PiGrid" to continue.
4.3. Next, complete the PiGrid device setup by following the steps.
5. At last, start earning Gridcoins as a home-based researcher by choosing your BOINC project/s that you want to support.
Please remember that PiGrid is currently released as an alpha version.
In case of problems during the installation or using PiGrid feel free to contact our support.